This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Are you lost?

Home Forums Orientation and Help Help, I'm stuck! Are you lost?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Are you lost? Let us know what you are trying to find and we should be able to point you in the right direction

Sharmina

not lost…but have a question: want to change my email (from the initial email submitted for registration); have indicated the preferred email in my profile, but all emails through jiscmail are still coming into the initial email I provided…can you help?

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Sharmina – JISCMail is handled separately. If you visit https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=OCTEL-PUBLIC&A=1 you should be able to unsubscribe one email address and subscribe on another.

If you are still having problems let us know

Martin

Sharmina

Thanks Martin. I managed to successfully unsubscribe my initial email from Jiscmail, but it won’t accept my new email for OCTEL.

Also, all official correspondence (newsletters, etc.) from OCTEL still appear in my initial email address – even tho I’ve changed in on the profile…

JaneBritton

I am completely lost, and like Sharmina trying to unsubscribe from Jiscmail.  How can I update my profile?  I logged on and didn’t seem to be able to do anything.  Normally edit profile is the first option but couldn’t figure out how to do mine (sorry!).  Would welcome some guides – thanks!

Sharmina

I’ve managed to unsubscribe from Jiscmail, but can’t subscribe using a different email address!

Jane, you’ll have to create a password first – by clicking on the link above provided by Martin.  Once this has been confirmed by you (by way of clicking in a link that’ll appear in your inbox) – you can then sign in and unsubscribe.  Hope this helps.

Sharmina

oh, to answer your other question Jane, if you want to edit your profile, the easiest way to do this is by clicking on your name in this forum – that’ll take you to your profile page and there are several options under where your pic should be – the last one says Edit.

JaneBritton

Thanks Sharmina – have made it as far as the password.  Is it me or is this very very clunky?  I’d like to add my photo but I’m being forced to use some Gravatar thing rather than just upload a photo which any normal site will let you do.

Yet to be impressed!

Thanks for your help!

Sharmina

I guess like on any site, the initial set-up is a bit tedious.  You can watch Martin explain the log-in and profile editing process (including having to use Gravatar to upload a photo) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9_A3nlYA3M

Sharmina

ok my stuff is all sorted thanks to help from Anna Davidge.  Martin, thanks for your help, as well!

Jane – hope you were successful in editing your profile.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could you please flag up really clearly the current activities we are supposed to do somewhere on the website. I cannot find the email/link after wasting my small amount of free time tidying up the appalling mess octel made of my email inbox. V unlikely to complete this course as a result. Thanks.

ejarmstrong

I have added my introduction to my WordPress Blog:

Introdution for #ocTEL

but I can’t see any sign of it being picked up by the Course Reader?

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

In your profile go to the edit page and you’ll see some fields for blog url and a button to get your rss feed

ejarmstrong

Thanks! Emily

jrconlon95

Hello

Bit lost! Have joined the Tutors in HE group.  Nice introductions but prompted to contact you after reading Roger’s post today about there not being any discussions beyond the intros.  We need some tips to get the forum going please. Is it possible to restructure it?  Newest first? Break into sections or threads? I would need instructions as obviously a techno-muppet but v good at following instructions! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Are you lost?’ is closed to new replies.