This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Gravatar

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hi Lynne, yes the same happened to me and then after a bit it just worked propoerly.  Maybe take another look at this tommorrow? Im MOOCed out for today!

Stephen

Lynne,

Have you watched these help videos?

Help screencasts

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Lynne, the only thing I can think of is on the gravatar site you haven’t selected an image to use for the email address you’ve registered the course with (if it was a secondary email you have to select an image to use for that as well)

Leonie

Hi. If I add my email & an image to Gravitar, will the image appear everywhere I use that email? I want to be able to control when it appears or not.

Thanks

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Leonie – your gravatar image will be used on other sites that use the gravatar service. So for example it won’t overwrite your facebook or twitter profile images. The service was developed by wordpress.com so the main place you’ll see gravatar images being used is in wordpress blog comments.

Martin

imogenbertin

I found it very annoying not to be able to choose an image specifically for this course and to have to have yet another password controlled account, this time with WordPress,com. The Gravatar website has a confusing user interface (the help system being designed for developers) and this made it time consuming (a big barrier) to add an image. Definitely would have preferred a straightforward image upload specific to the course…

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Imogen,

It’s fair to say using the gravatar service has frustrated a number of people. It’s probably worthy of a blog post to explain why we’ve gone down this route, but in essence it was a short-cut to avoid having to deal with security vulnerabilities associated with image upload and one less interface/plugin for us to integrate in our long list of add-ons.

Leonie

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Gravatar’ is closed to new replies.