- This forum has 10 topics, 61 replies, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by .
- Last Post
Pros and cons of new models (Activity 8.0)
Write down in short bullet point form a list of
- elements of the Saylor or xMOOC approach that you think could be applicable to your context (what you’re involved in teaching, to whom, with what goals and constraints)
- problems you might anticipate with the approach
- reaching more people or providing a richer experience for the same cost
- reducing tutor costs by encouraging more elements of the learning experience to peer-based or self-organised by learners
- reducing production and infrastructure costs by using free resources and technology
- taking the learners’ perspective in getting a sound, rounded, education with minimum financial outlay
- 9 years, 11 months ago
Review the evidence and the options (Activity 8.1)
- Read why productivity and sustainability in HE is an issue, as suggested by The Economist’s take on “Baumol’s cost disease”.
- Check out a few of the resources listed below.
- Do some searching to see if you can find further resources that link this general area to your specific concerns and context (use Google, also ask people you think might know of useful materials, collaborate with other ocTEL participants). Try and answer the question, “What can I take away from this area and apply in my teaching-related work?”
- Note your initial impressions about which strategies look promising or unpromising to you.
- 10 years ago
Action plan for teaching and learning practice (Activities 8.2 & 8.3)
Please complete our template action plan (Google Doc) which maps out the context, purpose and steps towards enhancing the efficiency or other elements of your own case study. Make your completed action plan available online (Google Docs may be the easiest way to do this, but ask here if you’re not sure how) and then share a link to it.
- Spend around 40 minutes reviewing and commenting on others’ action plans (via Twitter, the forum or JiscMail list).
- Spend around 20 minutes reflecting on what you might change or develop in your own action plan.
- Also express any feelings you have about the risks and rewards of striving for greater efficiency.
- 10 years ago
- Pros and cons of new models (Activity 8.0)
- Oh, bother! No topics were found here.
- The forum ‘Enhancement Strategies (Week 8)’ is closed to new topics and replies.