This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

History of Educational Technology-A Collaborative Timeline Project

Home Forums Designing Active Learning (Week 3) Designing or reviewing a learning activity (Activity 3.3) History of Educational Technology-A Collaborative Timeline Project

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Kerr
    Participant

Title of activity – History of Educational Technology-A Collaborative Timeline Project
    Intended learning outcome/s – exploration of educational technology development over time
    Activity description – an interactive timeline that participants can modify
    Time – 15-30 minutes
    Prerequisites – Working knowledge of educational technology
    Link to technology used – TimelineJS interactive timeline, Google Docs
    Links to additional resources – Main activity page:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jA_NCjMPH1jN3xf3DDWuo8d3Y5VY8vGms1wAnkgvtOg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jA_NCjMPH1jN3xf3DDWuo8d3Y5VY8vGms1wAnkgvtOg/edit?usp=sharing

Hi James

I like the idea of a timeline but felt unqualified to add to it! In a teaching context I imagine students would be armed with information they could use to actually populate it.

Jane

ElizabethECharl
    Participant

James – I liked the concept and think it would be very engaging for students to contribute to it, with clear instructions of how to do so and then let loose on the web to scavenge entries for the various decades.

James Kerr
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback-this could easily be taken the direction of a web quest, or used as a progress tracker during an entire term.

James Kerr
    Participant

I do find it interesting that I’ve had a few comments on the blog and in the forums, but no one has, as of yet, added to the timeline or requested access to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘History of Educational Technology-A Collaborative Timeline Project’ is closed to new replies.