This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Cloud Based storage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

A blog post about my activity – and links to the activity itself – can be found here: http://thevirtualleader.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/octel-designing-active-learning.html

Anna Warren

Thanks for the opportunity to look through this! It could usefully deployed here too after tales of “missing” dissertations!

I had a couple of thoughts: firstly, whether another step in the activity could include them sharing files with each other?

Secondly, I think there’s great scope here for an extension activity working on collaborative documents for group work assignments 🙂

(We’ve recently moved over to Google at our University and the potential for working on collaborative documents with colleagues has been rather exciting!)

Anna

Thanks Ann

Some great ideas for extending and improving on the original activity – sharing is a very good idea and I could build Google Drive/DropBox sharing into follow up sessions.

Jane 🙂

AliSheph

Jane – thanks for this.  I’ve commented on it on your blog.

imogenbertin

Just one caveat. I generally get them to use the dropbox website but make clear they do not have to download the app (or can remove it from their startup/login items after it insists on downloading) because if they have dodgy Internet or creaky laptops, dropbox can cause quite hefty performance degradation. All fine if all your students have A1 IT, but in the real world… and by the way I love dropbox, I’m not dissing it, just mentioning practicalities… the website does the same job without the performance overheads…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cloud Based storage’ is closed to new replies.