This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Changing the order (most recent first) of posts to small groups

Home Forums Orientation and Help Help, I'm stuck! Changing the order (most recent first) of posts to small groups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ElizabethECharl
    Participant

Is there any way we can change the order of the posts as they appear in the small groups so that the most recent posts appears first?

David Jennings
    Participant

Hello Elizabeth, Yes, this is technically possible (though not just for small groups — we either do it for all or none of them). We looked into it when it was raised in another thread. As explained in my reply there, we decided against it recently because we felt the most-recent-appears-last order was a problem only in very popular topics where the discussion goes on to more than one page. If the whole topic fits on one page, then it seems most sensible to have most recent post appear last, because people are used to reading down the page from top to bottom, aren’t  they? We were also concerned that to change the order suddenly might confuse people and cause more problems than it solves.

However, you clearly think the current set-up is still less than ideal. Could you give some examples of where and why the most-recent-appears-last order creates problems, please? We’re willing to re-open this issue, but need to have a clear case for making any change, because people are bound to ask us…

all the best, David

ElizabethECharl
    Participant

David this was raised by a member of my group and bearing in my mind your response and reasoning I think we will stick with the current set-up.

Many thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing the order (most recent first) of posts to small groups’ is closed to new replies.