This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Changing display order of posts in small group forum

Home Forums Orientation and Help Changing display order of posts in small group forum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ElizabethECharl
    Participant

Anyone know if there is a way to display most recent posts first on this forum? If not, viewing most recent posts is soon going to require a lot of scrolling and clicking through pages…

ShunaMarr

Hi Elizabeth – I’ve just made a post on my own little discussion group page about exactly this thing – it seems if you click ‘reply’ to a comment (rather than posting a new comment at the end in the box) then that reply appears directly under the original comment – so new posts can appear on earlier pages rather than in chronological order. So far I’m keeping up with the new posts only because I’m getting email updates – but it seems a rather flawed system and means that the foorum is disintegrating into subchats. It would be really helpful to be able to set it into ‘most recent first’, but it doesn’t look like that’s the way it’s been set up.

ElizabethECharl
    Participant

Hi Shuna,

Thank you for your reply that there isn’t an obvious way that we have overlooked.  Hopefully this is something the Technical team (octel-tech@alt.ac.uk) will put on their to-do list.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing display order of posts in small group forum’ is closed to new replies.