Short and sweet

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elizabeth Charles Elizabeth Charles 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

My Big question was “Is there one preferred platform for learning online” I had based this on my experience working with educators and academics, installing new systems using Moodle, SharePoint and Blackboard.

OCTEL has broadened my horizons to such a point that I now realise so long as pedagogy, interactivity and collaboration are provided, and that the participants feel driven to use the learning platform as tool that helps them learn. It doesn’t matter what platform is used.

Comments welcomed here or via my OCTEL blog.

Profile photo of PeterHartley
    PeterHartley
    Participant

Interesting thought – where I would disagree is at the point where students might become ‘dependent’ on the learning platform which then ‘disappears’ when they leave the institution. Are we preparing students for the move that they will have to make from the ‘one-stop shop’ which their institutional VLE might provide into the possibly unsupported digital world of their future career?

Perhaps we should ensure that during the students’ education journey digital literacy skills are embedded throughout thus allowing them to be independent of the VLE and able to adapt those skills to whatever unsupported digital world they find themselves in.

The topic ‘Short and sweet’ is closed to new replies.