How to get a photo on profile?

Home Forums General How to get a photo on profile?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  roswalker 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

roswalker

I’ve tried very hard to get a photo on my profile. When I click on the blank avatar, it takes me to a page called Gravitars – I have added a photo that is appearing there, but it doesn’t then transfer back into the OcTel area. How have you managed to get photos up?

All the Best

Ros

elearnscc
    Participant

Hi Ros,

I just browsed and uploaded an image directly, rather than linking to a Gravitar. Although it did lose it at first, it seems to have stuck now 🙂

Clare

roswalker

Clare,

Thanks for the reply. I can’t find anywhere that it allows me just to browse and add a photo. Now feeling like a numpty as obviously other people have found it. Whenever I click on the ‘blank’ face, it just takes me to ‘Gravitars’ with no option to browse and upload a photo. I’ll have one more go and then I’m giving up.

Ros

Rich Goodman
    Participant

Hi Ros,

It seems to be working now as I can see your photo. This is the link to change your photo directly:-

http://octel.alt.ac.uk/2014/members/roswalker/profile/change-avatar/

Rich

roswalker

I think it was because I have a WordPress Account already, and it had picked that up through the email address. I eventually managed to get Gravatar to show the right picture on that account and it seems to have found it now. Thanks for all the help – and apologies, as it does now mean you have to put up with me grinning at you all like a Cheshire cat!

Ros

The topic ‘How to get a photo on profile?’ is closed to new replies.