Hello World!

Home Forums General Hello World!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  suebecks 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

I am the first topic in your new forums.

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Oh, and this is what a reply looks like.

Anne Hole
    Participant

Hi j.radice and Martin. I am resurrecting my MOOC blog (again) and fingers crossed the feed will work! I did spruce it up with a new theme in honour of #ocTEL and hope to learn some new blogging skills along the way.

Grant
    Participant

Hi Keymaster and fellow participants. I don’t have a blog so I suppose I’ll just be using the forums. Att he moment I’m just trying to find my way around. I would like to use this opportunity to figure out how to use Tweeter – I have had an account for ages but don’t know how it works. Any suggestions of a good tutorial?

Louise
    Participant

Anne, Thanks for the link to the Twitter guide. I am sure my daughter would be horrified to think I need instructions to use Twitter. Like Grant, I have an account, and I have joined some groups but still stuggle to interpret the short tweets that get sent out! Am determined to persevere this time.
    I also have a wordpress site with blog posts for other subjects and courses – can I make parts of it viewable while keeping the rest hidden? It would save me creating a new site.

Anne Hole
    Participant

Hi Louise. You can make individual posts ‘private’ but my understanding is that only posts tagged ‘#octel’ will be pulled into this course so I’m not going to do bother to hide old posts – they are all part of my open online learning journey!

tomfarrelly
    Participant

Hello Everyone, I had a Google+ page/site/Blog I don’t even know what to call it, I reactivated it earlier today, while I use FB and Twitter I have never blogged, any advice on Google+ appreciated.

Tom

Anne Hole
    Participant

Hi Tom. G+ is my favourite social media platform and I’ve just commented on your post there and added you to my circles. I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

jennifer.schneider
    Participant

Hi  everyone,

I am new at using forums and also have had twitter account for a couple of years but never really used it too much.  So, this post is really me experimenting with the forum and trying to work out exactly what I should do with twitter.  I am following ALT  Octel- if I want to send a tweet, do I just use  #ocTEL and then type my entry?

Jonathan Griffiths
    Participant

Just a quick “hello all”!

j.radice
    Participant

Hello Keymaster, that’s a nice handle!

I’m trying not to be overwhelmed and did have some initial struggles with getting logged in. I’ve now got a WordPress blog set up (yet another account which I will have to log in and out of frequently as have a personal one as well).

Looking forward to the course and hope I can keep up with it.

Martin Hawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – j.radice I forgot I set this test forum up. Glad to hear you’re dipping your toe into the world of blogging. If it helps this video shows how you might be able to use your WordPress login for this site as well http://youtu.be/xilb4bO80Bw?t=37s

Anne Hole
    Participant

Hi Grant. Do you mean Twitter? (I thought Tweeter might be an app I hadn’t heard of but can’t find anything about it online). If so, this guide is pretty comprehensive:

http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  Anne Hole.

Grant
    Participant

Hi Anne, Yes, I do mean Twitter but I’m in France and because of the pronunciation it becomes “Tweeter”. I have set up an account and am now going crazy and feeling incredibly stupid as I can’t send a “tweet”. I also send up a WordPress blog but that seems relatively straightforward.

Rich Goodman
    Participant

There are lots of guides to Twitter out there. Here’s just one of them:-

http://mashable.com/2012/06/05/twitter-for-beginners/

The topic ‘Hello World!’ is closed to new replies.