Glomaker

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jojacob_uk 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

jojacob_uk
    Participant

Sorry to sound thick, but what is Glomaker for? The website makes it sound very interesting and creative, but I have no idea what it all means and what you might use it for.

Does anyone know? Have you use it before? What does it do?

eileenkennedy01
    Participant

Hi Jo,

Glomaker is for making interactive learning objects – you can see some here:

http://www.glomaker.org/samples.html

Essentially, it allows you to package up audio clips, video clips, pictures and some quiz features to create a learning experience. I’ve used it a bit and encouraged some lecturers in the lifelong learning sector to  use it. There are some ready-made tutorials available on their site – we went through those. it takes a few hours to learn but we all loved it.

Eileen

jojacob_uk
    Participant

Thank you Eileen, your explanation was so simple and useful that it makes me think a similar line should be on the front page of their website!

Can you give an example of a task or learning outcome that made you think Glomaker was an appropriate tool?

PeterHartley
    Participant

I used it a bit a few years ago and found it quite a useful tool to create short clips where you wanted to contrast different views or opinions on an object/concept/theory. But I am not sure what has happened to it in terms of further or current developments.

jojacob_uk
    Participant

Thanks Peter, great example. Can you store these on your own computer / VLE? Or do they just live on Glomaker’s website?

PeterHartley
    Participant

One of the advantages of Glomaker when I was using it was that it was transportable so you could store it on your own computers, access it through the VLE etc. I don’t know how many people are using it nowadays and I was unable to inspire my colleagues with it at the time (probably my fault rather than Glomaker’s).

jojacob_uk
      Participant

Thanks for clarifying Peter. Is there something else you use instead now?

The topic ‘Glomaker’ is closed to new replies.