This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Resource Banks – Merlot

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fieryred1

Having never used merlot before I registered. I actually found the initial registration process rather odd. It is necessary to ‘add’ a discipline every time to denote your interests. The interface was not very intuitive and therefore gave me a ‘bad feeling’ about the rest of the interface before I had even started. This followed on from my bad experiences with the games last week. None of the games worked on the ipad and it was not obvious from the information given whether these resources would be the same. So in terms of having confidence in this as a recommended place to look for resources I was not confident it would a good experience. When I did get in to the resource search I did find it easy to search. It was however quite difficult on my staff desktop pc to get the resources to work. I would be happy to incorporate the links and packages into the vle. Overall however I found the open search more useful. There limitations on some copyright usage issues but they were clearly stated. Students would agree that these resources are accessible.

Overall a reasonable experience with a few interface and login issues

Sandra
    Fiery Red

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Resource Banks – Merlot’ is closed to new replies.