This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

my practice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I reflected on this and my courses include all four approaches. Is that bad? I try to acheive a balance in the type of activities and tasks I propose, what worries me is that assessment does not always reflect this. So maybe it’s assesments I need to move to different quadrants, rather than activities. Sorry, I guess I am talking to myself!

jrconlon95

Hi Laura

This has really helped me as I was totally lost on what on earth to plot as I kept moving from quadrant to quadrant and nodding!  Not very productive.  I will try again with approach, activities, assessments and anything else I think of and have another go.  I think a % or some other way of ranking would also be useful.  If I crack it then I’ll post again…don’t hold your breath!

I look forward to reading your post. I suppose we can think up percentages ourselves, very intersting though.

MmMouton

I am also all over the place on the graph. I think that’s a good thing though, as the point is to provide a variety of experiences for the diversified students that we teach. If we consider the multi-faceted profiles of students (people in general) we have introverts, extroverts, multiple learner types, various levels of knowledge, students with disabilities, students that are gifted, various levels of computer literacy… and the list goes on and on. My personal opinion is that we should be ping-ponging all over that graph with glee, but ensure that our assessments follow that ball too!

My practices are also all over the graph. Some areas are more for certain units while for some units it is different.

Some times the design and use of these tools depends on the student cohort and what type of delivery is used as well as the level of the course. If it is a research project it belongs to one area while hands on unit sit in another area.

Jillian Pawlyn
    Participant

My practice also moves across the matrix depending on what I am teaching and to whom.

In the example I reflect on on my blog I am more in the Individual domain, moving between Directed towards Autonomous as the workshop progresses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘my practice’ is closed to new replies.