This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Managing Virtual Open Days

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Running virtual open days is a part of my role and one which I recently felt demanded new skills and insights, which I will try and match to the typology..

1a. I know t hat the virtual open day draws in interest from the global community to understand online study

1b.  I know that students fall into school leavers, mature graduates mid-course undergraduates.

2a. I know how to manage the initial set up to allow access to the event.

2b. If the technology fails, I know how to adopt alternative methods such as Skype.

3. If a participant were to post something inappropriate to the text chat, I would delete it.

4. My motivation is to provide potential students with a positive experience, which in turn will motivate them to register.

That’s my recent learning.

Charlotte

StuartCairns

Charlotte,  I’m looking at increasing interest from the Line Managers (and their Line Managers), who are dispersed across the country,  in the training that we provide on the Programme I currently direct.  And therefore, I was intrigued as to what a Virtual Open Day entails, as this could be a really effective method of getting them engaged.  Can you point me to a website where I might find some further information. I’m thinking along the lines of something more interactive rather than a more permanent but static site.

Regards;  Stuart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Managing Virtual Open Days’ is closed to new replies.