This is an archive of the 2013 version of ocTEL.

Creating Interactions Which Talk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    slidespeech

SlideSpeech is an experiment. If we can work together to create on-line learning materials for one another (just as we create on-line reference materials for one another at Wikipedia), the abundance of on-line learning opportunities may start to take on a interconnected structure. Here is a set of linked presentations and questions, illustrated by this map, which leads learners to sign up for ocTEL — if they need to.

David Jennings
    Participant

Hi John, can you explain the connection between this post and the activity for which this topic was created, which should be evident from the forum page, please? (I’m happy to have you mention SlideSpeech in appropriate contexts, but frequent and indiscriminate plugs may be perceived as… youknowwhat)

slidespeech

Yes I can link this post with the topic of the activity. Thank you for tolerating the plugs. I hope you appreciate that they are plugs for ocTEL, as well.

The “powerful and relevant” technology enhanced learning approach I’m exploring with SlideSpeech is collaborative, rather than individual, reflection (Social constructivism). Here is a more thorough explanation using SlideSpeech. 

The map and links in the post yesterday parallel the roads we use — to drive where we like, when we like. An interaction is like an intersection in the road. A Wikipedia-like, collaborative effort to build such structures should make it possible for all of us to learn whatever we like, whenever we like.

slidespeech

Here’s a bit of evidence: a nice post from Kyle Denlinger of Wake Forest University who led the 4-week  ZSRx MOOC for “Anyone who wants to be a better searcher, evaluator, and user of web tools and online information” inviting everyone involved to stay involved in the community beyond the end of the course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating Interactions Which Talk’ is closed to new replies.